Sunday, April 6, 2014

#13 | Dim Sum Sundays


Dim sum is my second favourite thing about Sunday's next to my weekend sweat suits. I don't actually go every weekend, but I do a fair amount. If you have never been, it's Chinese food for breakfast and lunch. Servers bring food around on carts and visit each table asking you what you would like and you are charged per dish. It's served at restaurants like Yip Hongs and Mandarin, I recommend you try both to see what dishes and atmosphere you like more. It's a great thing to do with friends and family, it's one of those the more the merrier situations. In Chinese culture, giving and sharing food is a way of showing love and the more people there are, the more dishes you have the chance to try. The other thing I would recommend to people who have never tried dim sum before is to try and arrive around 11 pm while the food is still hot, but you can still expect to wait for a table.










No comments:

Post a Comment