Friday, September 14, 2018

#44 | Toronto, Canada


To get to Costa Rica, we first had to spend 24 hours in Toronto to wait for our second flight. I was excited for this though as I have never been to the city and was looking forward to visit friends, eat food and shop. As soon as we finished checking into our hotel, we caught an Uber to Ramen Isshin that was recommended by our good friend Ron. We waited 30 minutes for a seat but it was well worth it when I took my first bite of the thick ramen noodles and slurped my spicy miso soup (it may have converted me from being a shoyu fan). Aashna was also hooked on her vegetarian version of the spicy miso ramen which was quite tasty and pretty different from my pork broth.





After chowing down on some delicious noodles we decided to burn some calories by heading downtown to check out some stores including Livestock, Reigning Champ and Uniqlo. I figured I should buy a couple of long sleeves to throw in my bag and after that we hit up Bar Fancy and Warehouse for some drinks and fried chicken with some of our friends.



To end off the night, we purchased tickets to check out the Toronto FC vs LAFC match at BMO Field. The stadium is great as it seemed that every seat in the house had a decent view and the game itself was exciting. Toronto didn't produce the result they were hoping for as they lost 4-2 but it was filled with great goals. Jozy Altidore and Carlos Vela were a blast to watch create chances and finish opportunities.




The day went by quickly but I'm already a Toronto fan. I'm looking forward to going back to eat more food and roam the streets that we didn't have the opportunity to explore.

Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment