Tuesday, October 30, 2018

#49 | Selvatura Park, Costa Rica


During the afternoon of our stay in Monteverde, Aashna and I decided to spend a couple of hours at Selvatura Park in Monteverde to walk the trails and experience the hanging bridges. The bridges vary from 50m to 170m in length and 12m to 60m off the ground. I'm afraid of heights but this couldn't be missed as the views were absolutely amazing. On the beginning of the walk we received beautiful weather and saw monkeys climbing up trees and across some of the suspension bridges. Once we had walked 3/4 through the park the mist approached us with looked really cool as we stood on the high ground. At the moment, I remember saying "I can't believe it hasn't rained today." and to my surprise we got poured on. We came prepared but many others did not, I'd recommend a fully waterproof (not water resistant) jacket for your stay in Costa Rica especially if you plan on visiting the rain forests.




 




A couple of places we enjoyed stopping at during our stay were Taco Taco Taqueria for a bite, Tree House for live music, drinks and dessert and Beso Espresso & Roasters for an afternoon pick me up. Next up on our trip was Manuel Antonio!

Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment