Thursday, July 10, 2014

#21 | First Olé Denim Samples




As I mentioned in one of my first posts, I had been working on a new jean company prior to starting this blog. My partners Dallas, Chris and I have been working on our jean company Olé for about a year and a half now. We've done a lot of work from meeting connects to completing a marketing plan. Well just this last week we received our first set of samples. I think we had dealt with three denim mills prior to selecting Kuroki and been in talks with a few factories before selecting the one we are now working with.


When I received this pair, I was incredibly excited and everyone could tell. I was stoked that we were one step closer to production and have been patiently working with that in mind. When I had the jeans in my hand they were very impressive. The stitching was fantastic, the fabrics were better quality than I imagined and the Ken Diamond patch went well with the rich indigo colour. Sadly, the fit was exactly what I feared. Out pattern that we created didn't quite match what we had in mind, but I'm not yet worried. Chris is really good at what he does as a designer and has managed to come up with an idea of how to perfect the fit from understanding the taper to understanding exactly how we will get there.



With some hard work we will have our second set of samples sooner than later. I've noticed that people have been curious about this process and if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask! Or maybe our Instagram account can answer them for you.

Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment